Asset Protection for Children

If you have minor children and have designated a trusted person to take care of those kids if you were to die, your natural instinct is to also leave money for that person so they can afford taking care of your children. If you leave money to that person outright, remember that the money will be exposed to any lawsuit, divorce or adverse claims that individual may encounter in their life. Instead, if you arrange to have the money left in a Trust (with this trusted individual serving as Trustee), the money and assets you leave for your kids will be protected because that trusted person does not own the assets - the trust does!

For more information, call 818.392.8222.